Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Farewell Tater



It has been over a month since my last post and a lot has happened. Not so much in the way of traveling in Tater... but I'll explain more further down in this posting. First, I thought I'd give you all some insight into why we moved into Tater in the first place.

Perhaps it was two years ago, give or take. Ben and I had been discussing moving into a sailboat. What fun it would be to let the wind carry us to exotic destinations! To exploit the sun for our own electricity! To leave the smallest footprint possible on this earth! It all sounded too good to be true. And, for a while it was.

I think Ben would have been ready the first day the subject came up. I, on the other hand, was a bit more skeptical. What about my fear of the ocean? What about Lola? How could she go for walks and potty on a boat? Our compromise was an RV.

Enter Tater. Tater was meant to be a training tool. For living in a small space. For do-it-yourself fixes. For Lola's indoor potty-training. He was meant to show us how to live on a boat... while still having easy access to the land. We intended to drive Tater across the country to see what the USA has to offer. And once we hit the east coast, we'd begin our search for the perfect sailboat.

Well, my dear friends and family, as you well know, life is what happens while you're making plans. Just about a month ago, we found the perfect sailboat right here in our own backyard. And here I sit, in the cabin of our boat moored in San Diego Bay, typing the last of my Tater blogs. This is not to say we'll never take a road trip across the country. But if we do, Tater won't be accompanying us when we pull into your driveways.

We'd like to thank Tater for eight enlightening months. Without him, none of this would be possible. He was a sweet and cozy home and the perfect stepping stone and we will miss him dearly. He will always have a special place in our hearts. May his next owner enjoy him as much as we did.

And thank you all for visiting our site to see what was happening in our lives. If you are interested in learning more about the sailboat, you can visit our new blog here.

No comments: