Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Transitioning

[Blog from 10/29/2007]

Ok, so today I've been trying to move the rest of what we need into Tater. It's a tight fit. The hardest part is letting go of things I know I'll never need, but have some sort of mental attachment to. I know once we cut the cord and move in for good, I'll make fast decisions to ultimately chuck most of it.
Living in OB for 5 years now, I know we will join a vast community of RV'ers, living in parking lots or on the road side. I look forward to meeting the other rubber tramps, fighting over the best parking spots, listening to waves crash mere feet from my window. But that doesn't make the transition any easier today.
And so, today I say goodbye to all my high heels and fancy dresses. Adios to a full size shower. And sayonara to electricity... at least for the next few days!! Wish me luck...
Cheers all!

No comments: